We’ll get you started in your new surroundings—starting from the moment your plane touches down at Dublin Airport.
- Our staff will pick you up at the airport and get you settled in your accommodations.
- Then we’ll start showing you around. First will be the ACD’s historic 18th-century buildings, complete with classrooms, library and student lounge.
- We’ll also confirm your class registration and schedule.
- We’ll show you the ropes as far as your accommodations—from switching on the electric outlets for power to finding the closest place to get a bite to eat.
- Then we’ll take you on a walking tour of Dublin, so you can see how close you are to so many cool things here. The tour is equal parts where-to-go (entertainment district, pubs, famous sites) and need-to-know (renting a bike, finding the immigration office, knowing where the police are just in case). You’ll feel like a local in no time.
- We’ll also have a formal welcome dinner for you, so you’ll have a chance to talk with our staff and your fellow students. By this time, ACD—small, intimate, accessible—should already start to feel like your second home.